RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS
Under the right granted by the Minister of Education, Science and Sports VIKO carries out the academic recognition of foreign qualifications giving access to higher education for the purposes of further study in Lithuania.
APPLICATION FOR RECOGNITION
The academic recognition of foreign qualifications granting the right to higher education (secondary education qualifications) is carried out by VIKO Study Office.
During the application period the applicants shall submit the following documents through the VIKO online application system http://needs.viko.lt/:
1) a scanned copy of a secondary education certificate or diploma;
2) a scanned copy of the academic transcript;
3) a scanned copy of a valid identity document (passport or identity card);
4) a scanned copy of a valid proof of name/surname change, if the education documents are issued in another name/surname.
DECISION ON ACADEMIC RECOGNITION
After the assessment of foreign qualifications one of the following decisions on academic recognition will be made within 1 month from the submission of all the required documents, including the requested additional documents:
1) to recognize a foreign qualification;
2) to recognize a foreign qualification only together with additional requirements (examination(s), additional courses, etc.) that have to be fulfilled;
3) not to recognize foreign qualifications.
APPEALS AGAINST A DECISION ON ACADEMIC RECOGNITION
If an applicant does not agree with the decision on academic recognition of foreign qualifications, he/she may appeal to the SKVC Appeal Commission within 14 calendar days from the receipt of the Decision.