The Description of Procedure of the Studies according to an Individual Study Plan
By Resolution No AT N-6 of the Academic
Board on 06 November 2019
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- The Description of Procedure of the Studies according to an Individual Study Plan (hereinafter – Description) determines the procedure of formation of an individual study plan for a full-time student, rights and duties of students.
- The Description was prepared in accordance with the Procedure of Studies at Vilniaus Kolegija / University of Applied Sciences (hereinafter – VK) and other documents regulating studies at VK.
II. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- The advanced students may study according to an individual study plan not earlier than after the first semester of studies, if they are unable to study according to the certified study plan of the semester because of sound reasons.
- A student who wants to study according to an individual study plan shall apply to the dean of the faculty (hereinafter – dean) asking to allow him/her to study according to an individual study plan (hereinafter – application) (Annex 1). The students of modular studies have to submit an application within the first week of the current semester.
- A student has to state the reasons in the application, why s/he is unable to study according to the certified study plan of the semester and s/he has to submit the supporting documents.
- Applications shall be accepted by the Studies Department (hereinafter – Studies Department) and verified by the head of the Studies Department, who confirms that the student in question is advanced according to the study achievements of the last semester.
- A permit to study according to an individual study plan shall be executed by the dean’s order. A copy of the order shall be e-mailed to the professors teaching certain subject (module) and to the applying student, using an e-mail address provided by VK.
III. PREPARATION OF AN INDIVIDUAL STUDY PLAN
- Upon receipt of the dean’s permit, a student shall prepare an individual study plan (Annex 2).
- An individual study plan is a plan of interim tests, exams/projects that is coordinated with professors and verified by a head of the department in charge of the study programme.
- An individual study plan shall be prepared by a student in accordance with the subject’s (module’s) description, while consulting the department’s head. The test dates shall be planned together with professors.
- An individual study plan shall be prepared for a current semester and submitted for the dean’s approval within 5 business days after receipt of the permit to study according to an individual study plan.
- An individual study plan for modular studies shall be prepared for one/two modules (with regard to the certified study plan) and submitted to the dean in the second week of a current semester. An individual study plan for the studies of the third module shall be prepared and submitted for the dean’s approval in the first week of the third module.
- An individual study plan approved by the dean shall be sent by the Studies Department to the student using an e-mail address provided by VK within 2 business days.
- If a student does not submit an individual study plan for the dean’s approval according to the requirements of Clauses 11 and 12 herein, that student shall lose the right to study according to the individual study plan.
- Performance of professional / final practice according to an individual plan shall be governed by the Faculty’s documents on studies.
IV. RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF THE STUDENT STUDYING ACCORDING TO AN INDIVIDUAL STUDY PLAN
- The student shall have the duty to comply with the terms fixed in the individual study plan.
- The students shall have the right:
17.1. to receive all the information related to studies according to an individual study plan from the head of the department in charge of that study programme;
17.2. to attend sessions according to the semester’s study plan;
17.3. to consult with the professors at times specified in the schedule of consultations and/or in the remote mode.
V. FINAL PROVISIONS
18. The Description shall come into force on the day of its approval.
APPLICATION TO ALLOW STUDYING ACCORDING TO AN INDIVIDUAL PLAN
FACULTY OF ………………………………………….. OF VILNIUS UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES INDIVIDUAL STUDY PLAN