Visas and Residence Permit

Check if you need VISA!

The citizens of some countries do not require a visa to enter to the Republic of Lithuania.

The list of these countries you will find here:

Citizens of other countries need to apply for a visa.

If you are a citizen of a country that requires a visa and you are planning to study in Lithuania for less than 3 months you should apply for a Schengen visa. If your studies will last longer than you should apply for National visa (D) or a temporary residence permit (TRP).

Temporary residence permit (TRP) application procedure is quite long and may take up to 6 months. In order to apply and start your studies faster, a degree student may apply for National D type visa. And after you will start your studies in Lithuania you should apply for TRP.

If you do not need a visa to enter Lithuania, you must submit your documents for TRP to the embassy of Lithuania anyway!

More information: